Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beware of the pit called Que*t!!!

I would like to start writing this article with the following approximations,

1) This article is not intended to cause harm to anybody..
2) These are my thoughts and feelings and I am not here to hurt anyone..
3) This article is being written to break the suspense regarding my debts..

It all started on a Friday evening when my friend ( I chose not to mention his name ) buzzed me and told that there is a golden opportunity lying in store for me and I need to meet him for an hour the next morning to know about it.. He said that he would get someone along and I would be the most happiest person in this world after that meeting.. I assumed that it would be my crush who is going to come there since my friend was very close to her and he knew about my crush..

So, there I go all excited and pumped up the next morning to meet my friend and that someone who was going to come along.. I meet my friend and he introduces his cousin to me ( going by his looks, I thought he is the brother of my crush as he resembled her exactly ).. Then they take me to a house( supposedly called a team office ) and start giving some presentation about the business they are into.. They start explaining about the business and they say how it can change my life and how I can make lots of money if I were to join the business..

Since I was in a very excited state before even meeting my friend, I continued to be that way even after the presentation got over and it sounded very interesting.. I asked my friend to give me a day to think about it, then he starts explaining about the losses I could incur if I delay it even by one day.. So, they somehow convinced me and I joined the business by swiping 35k from my credit-card..

That was the biggest mistake I had ever committed in my life till now.. I had to blame myself for that and the excited state that I was in at that moment.. Nevertheless, whatever happens, happens for the good only.. I learnt a very important lesson in life and I had to pay that 35k as a cost to learn that lesson..

Let me talk about the business a little bit now.. Its like networking.. You join the business by paying 35k and they give you a gold coin worth 8k and you have to invite your friends also to join the business.. For every person joining under you at any level, you get 2k.. Sounds interesting right?? This was what I felt initially and I started inviting my friends to join the business.. A couple of them did join.. I had to swipe my credit-card for my close friend who asked me to pay for him and he would repay me later.. I agreed and that increased my debts to 70k because of this business.. I felt 70k is not that large an amount compared to the money I can make out of the business..

All my feelings changed when my brother had come down to India and I spoke to him about this.. He asked me to quit the business right away.. I told him that I will work atleast till I get my money back.. He told me not to worry about the money and asked me to forget about that.. He told that there would atleast be one person who has joined under me who will not be able to convince his friends to join the business.. And he would curse all the people above him and those responsible for making him join.. And that would affect us badly than losing the money.. People's curse will not be good for anyone.. I felt that even if I can make lots of money from the business, there will always be someone cursing me and that was going to affect me badly..

So, it was then that I decided that it was time for me to quit the business.. And I quit the same day since I strongly believe in the saying " If possible do good to someone, but never do bad to anyone ".. I am more relaxed right now after having got rid of all those tensions I incurred while doing the business.. I forgot about the money I lost and am hoping my friend will return that 35k I gave him one day.. I guess I have broken the suspense regarding my debts now..

So, I would like to conclude by telling you guys this, The next time around when someone calls and tells you that there is a golden opportunity and asks you to meet them for an hour, please be very careful and if by chance you attend the presentation, they will convince you to join for sure.. So, please be careful.. I would like to wish good luck to all those who still believe in the business.. Please ignore this article and as you guys say always " We will rock ".. Keep getting bakra's to join under you to keep rocking.. Those who disagree with me, Bring it on.. I am waiting..

Signing Off..

Regards,
Kishan Chandranna

7 comments:

ಕಿರಣರಾಜ್ said...

Too good blog kishan ... even i had a offer of golden opportunity :) ... generating money out of others money is not a business ... some value must be created in between from the investment which makes the profit .... i m totally against such networks in which some body down the line will suffer by which people above make money .. they call "convincing people to jump into pit" as business .... !! :)

good going ... send link to as many as possible to spread awareness .... :)

madhu said...

Nice blog kishan.Friends are friends and money is money so money should not come in between friends . Businesses like these just help in breaking the trust among friends. Hope many ppl realise this thru your blog.

Kishan said...

very well put madhu.. i hope people do realise this and stop doing it any further..

khaleelkhanz said...

Nice GYAAAAAAAN dude.... btw some1 tried to rope me into it as well (hope u know who it was!!!! ;) ).... Keep blogging .... U rock man!!!

HOGOD ims said...

Its unfortunate that these pits still exist even after that vinivinc incident. People are not realising that money making is not easy.

But u have realised , it makes me happy .
Better surrender ur credit cards after breaking them as u ll be much more safer

I am Madhu said...

Nice article man. I heard about this a couple of months back. It was through another of my friends who had lost his money in the same way. To create a better awareness, i'll provide a link to this in my blog (if u don't mind ;) .

H C M said...

very true man.. One of my classmates bugged me for a month to meet him regarding this.. He pretended to be a very good friend (when he knew that it was a bad thing that he was pulling me into)! Is he really a friend? If you wonder, it wont be a friend who would be calling and pestering you to attend that stupid presentation.. also it is better to spread words against it.. what say??