Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking back at 2008

Before I actually start off, I would like to inform all the readers that this is my first write-up when my mind is in its sub-conscious state. I am on a high as I write this!
Hence, I request you all to forgive me if I write something irrelevant.
Here I go...

The start of 2008 wasn't all that great for me as I was still recovering from my grandmother's loss. Had it not been for the Java 3 gang and Virtual Tennis, my recovery would have easily lasted for a fortnight longer. Thanks to all the friends I made in Java 3 for that! The memorable 3rd floor lab was the place where I met a lot of new people and got really close to some of them. How can one ever forget the fun we had there? Be it while playing Virtual Tennis or while undergoing the training.
Three cheers to the Java 3 batch!

Unfortunately, the good times we had while undergoing training didn't last very long. Some of them were being allocated to projects and some of us including me were heading towards the SAP world being excited. Little did we know that the SAP practice within our company wasn't all that great! The trainings for the people in SAP hadn't stopped yet! Some of us underwent the training in Web Dynpro which I felt was the best training I have ever attended till date. After that, we got our cubicles in the Ground Floor (the so called Bench). Phase 2 GF was the place where I met a lot of new people (some really interesting)! Interesting huh?

We guys from the Java 3 batch had started planning for a trip to Goa by the mid of March. Those four days we spent in Goa were the most memorable days of my life so far. More on the Goa trip here,

http://kishan-livinglifetothefullest.blogspot.com/2008/05/memorable-trip-to-goa.html

This trip had made the bond between all of us in the group stronger!

The period from May - August was a bit dull I presume since I am unable to recollect any incidents worth mentioning here. Panache (The cricket tournament) would be the only interesting thing that happened during this period. We witnessed a lot of good games there as some of us cheering for the SAP team had become their followers. They didn't play badly. Did they? I met a very good friend during this event with who I am very close to now. I'm not mentioning any names here. Forgive me for that.

September - October 2008. We had almost completed a year in our company and most of us in SAP hadn't been a part of a project yet. Some of us were really anxious regarding this as we witnessed some of our friends in other practices scale new heights. I had to console some of them who were really worried by my famous dialogue "Everything happens for the good". I doubt whether my ways of consoling them were effective. Hope my words acted as a stress-relief medicine for them. I chose TT as my pill for stress-relief though! I played TT regularly during this period of time and had become a fierce competitor. Hope I'm not praising myself too much here. (That's a very common symptom of getting totally drunk). Please bear.

After that, we started getting into projects one by one. People soon began to realize the importance of my advices. (Sorry, I am not able to get rid of the symptom I mentioned)
I got into a project finally on the 17th of November after having spent more than 13 months in the company. But I was quick to realize that my wait was really worth. I have been a part of this project for close to two months now and have learnt a lot of new things. I’m hoping to continue that this year as well!

All in all, the year 2008 was a year filled with a lot of ups and downs. It has to be like that if we are to get tougher and stronger . Thanks to you all for making this year so memorable and standing by me during the tough times. Hope we continue that in the years to come!

Wish you all a very Happy New Year 2009!

Here's me signing off 2008 and stepping into 2009 on a high (((((((((note)))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Kishan

P.S: This is an unedited version of the article I wrote at 3AM on the 1st of January 2009.

2 comments:

khaleelkhanz said...

hamaara BEVDA kishan!!!!! ;-) hehe

kirat kapoor said...

Hi Kishan,

I just love your recent post.Happy new year and confident that you will do good work in 2009.All the very best bro.:)