Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What is important at 23??

My target audience - people in the age group 21 to 25.

At this point of our lives, all of us will ponder on the important things to be done to lead a happy life. Here are some things we might be thinking of,

(Get ready with a pen and paper to answer the questions that follow)

What should I do to settle in life?
When will I get a boy-friend/girl-friend (if you are still single)?
What is the right time to get married?
Am I doing my job wisely?
Whom should I marry?
Am I taking care of my parents?
When should I purchase a car?
Where should a I invest my money?
etc...

I bet each one of us will have given some thought to atleast one of the above (if not all). You have to be very lucky if you have got a clear answer to each of the above and you are satisfied with it. But, do you think that it is worth thinking about all these things. I list down a few things that I feel are the most important things that deserve a thought at this point in time,

What should I do to settle in life?
What is the right time to get married?
Am I taking care of my parents?
Am I doing my job wisely?

A lot of thought process must go into it before you actually arrive at answers to these questions. If you are employed, then you have got the answer to the first question. If you are sincere and dedicated to the job on hand, then you must be convinced that it is sufficient to get settled in life.

Coming to the next question, I personally feel that any time between 27 and 30 should be the right age to get married. Be independant for sometime atleast and enjoy that stage of your life, for you will not get it again.

This is the time for us to think about our parents and take care of them. Are we giving enough time for them? I am sure that most of us would say NO. Our parents have taken good care of us till now. Is'nt it time for us to give it back to them? Spend atleast a day in a week with them. Take them out for dinner or anywhere else which makes them happy. And finally marry someone who will look after your parents well (or atleast lets you to take care of them).

The only thing that is going to take us through is.. Work. So believe in the saying "Work is Worship", work hard and be dedicated.

Coming back to the questions I left out. viz

When should I purchase a car?
When will I get a boy-friend/girl-friend?
Whom should I marry?
Where should I invest my money?

I feel that it's not worth scratching our heads on these things (I call them pleasures). All these things will happen some day or the other. The only thing in our hands is our JOB. If we do this in a sincere and a dedicated manner, all the pleasures and the rest will follow.

Hope I am successful in triggering a thought process in your minds. Thinking in the right way will lead you to the right direction.
Signing Off.

Regards,
Kishan Chandranna

2 comments:

I am Madhu said...

haha....nice article dude...along with the pic ;)

but some other points to consider!
1. Is my salary enough? / Am I getting paid according to my qualification/work?
2. Am I in the right job? (remember the monster job ad? caught in the wrong job!)
3. Am I content with my life? (You can neither be too content nor too discontent in life)
4. Is my qualification enough?


will put down more if i can think of any :D

Keerthy said...

Kishan first of all i need to applaud your writing skills :). The flow, the content and the presentation styles are superb. I felt you have covered most of the points very well. I feel you left out one important point.
Our parents have contributed the most to our goals. I completely agree with you. At the same time don't you feel even the society has given us something. Now that we are independent and we can support ourselves it is the time for us to pay back in some way or the other? Even if we give a little time of ours or if we don't have time may be money can do wonders. I just gave my thoughts on your article. Great article once again. Keep up the good work.